Vessel Consulting & Strategy is Annie Von Essen + a fabulous creative support team
Vessel is a different sort of consulting business. I work alongside people, roll up my sleeves and do gritty, inventive work.
If you hire Vessel, you get me as your consultant and stress-busting side kick! I also work with a great team, including a web designer, editors, video producers, writers, researchers and more. So if your project needs extra hands, I have them!
Why am I doing this work:
I am a strategic consultant and I develop creative, group programs, both help people get big work done and find calm and joy along the way.
In my twenties, I provided mental health services in a small town in Eastern Washington. It was hard work. I supported families who were confronting racism and experiencing poverty. It was also joyful work. I worked with resilient, strong, loving families. I was supported and encouraged to take good care of myself.
I want this for everyone doing their work – to feel supported and heard and to love the work they are doing.
Here are a few more facts about me:
Need my straight up credentials?
Here they are!
- A Master’s in Social Work and a Master’s in Public Administration from University of Washington where I had the honor of learning from fellow students and professors who shared their own stories of community change and healing.
- More than a decade working in the nonprofit and social service fields, as a mental health counselor, communications manager, fundraiser and program developer.
- Experience working in big cities, tiny towns and outside of the US.
- Running my own consulting practice for 5 plus years.
- Want to see my “cool card”? Oh, I don’t have one of those!
After my years working in direct service, I believe that running a program — even a very good program — is challenging and stressful. I believe that personal changes — even changes you long to make — are stressful, too.
There is always a need for a little more support. More clarity. Help achieving the vision and reaching the goal. That’s what I’m here for!
Let’s work together!